Fit Mom Blog with posts on Fashion, Fitness, Food, and Mom Stuff.
Recipe: 21 Day Fix Easy Peasy Fish Tacos
February 16, 2016
Hands down the best fish tacos I have ever eaten were in, well, Hawaii.
But since I won't be making any trips to those glorious islands anytime soon (due to having both a toddler and a newborn currently) these easy peasy fish tacos will have to do.
Again this is one of my "Lazy Man" meals, because its super EASY and QUICK.
Best thing is, its 21 Day Fix Approved!
Small Soft Yellow Corn Tortillas
2 fillets Frozen Mahi Mahi *we get ours at Target, Simply Balanced Brand
Old Bay Seasoning
Cooking Spray (for just a spritz)
Fresh Pico de Gallo (store bought, usually found in the precut fresh fruit section near the veggies)
Shredded Mexican Cheese
Fresh Lime juice
1. Thaw Mahi Mahi overnight in the fridge, so its ready to go for when you cook
2. Pre-Heat oven to toast tortilla shells (according to packaging)
3. Heat pan on medium high heat, spray with a spritz of cooking spray.
4. Cook Mahi Mahi Fillets for about 2-3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning while cooking.
5. Once almost cooked through, reduce heat to low and start to break up and shred the fish as you are finishing cooking.
6. Pop those tortilla shells in the oven and cook according to packaging.
7. Now you are ready to make your Tacos! Fill tortillas with Mahi Mahi and squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Top with Pico, Avocado Slices, and Mexican Cheese and you are done!
It's that easy!
2 tacos equal one serving
Here's the 21 day fix breakdown for above ingredients:
1 red (mahi mahi), 1 blue (for both the avocado and cheese since I only do a sprinkle of cheese), 1 yellow (tortillas), 1/4 green (for pico-I usually use about a Tbspoon so probably even less than 1/4)