Fit Mom Blog with posts on Fashion, Fitness, Food, and Mom Stuff.
68 thoughts I had during my first spin class with Soul Cycle
February 17, 2016
So I had the pleasure of attending one of the pop up spin classes for the Target and Soul Cycle collaboration this past weekend in Minneapolis. I was the only one out of my friends who actually got a spot so I went solo and made the most of it.
It was a fun thing to do on a Saturday night and although I only had a baby 4 weeks ago I was like "Fuck yeah, lets do this". Even though inside I was terrified. Spin classes terrify me. But I have "try a spin class" on my 2016 goals list and was itching to cross it off.
So many things went through my head during this experience so I compiled them below for your enjoyment:
1. Ok I'm legit clipped into this bike
2. My crotch hurts but I think I can handle this.
3. Oh look the instructor.
4. Jesus, she's hot.
7. Wait, is she not going to put her hair up?
8. Shes legit going to wear her hair down.
9. Ummmm, it's only been 30 seconds and I can't feel my legs
10. My legs are literally burning.
11. How the fuck am I supposed to last 45 minutes?
12. What if I pass out?
13. I'm going to pass out.
14. Wait, I'm still clipped into this bike.
15. If I pass out I'll still be attached to this bike.
16. This music is awesome
17. Wait what's with these moves?
18. Pushups to music?
19. I can't move my upper body like that and pedal at the same time.
21. How do I do this?
22. I'm just going to pedal and pretend like I'm doing it.
23. The girl in front of me has a nice ass for a white girl.
25. I can't feel my crotch.
26. What is this instructor talking about?
27. I can't hear her.
28. Is she talking about deep shit up there?
29. Holy crap are these girls in the front row by the stage on crack?
30. They are legit going 150mph.
32. These people must have mind blowing sex.
35. Wait, the instructor got off the bike.
36. Can I get off the bike?
37. Her hair is so sweaty.
38. Loving this beat.
39. Oh shit, we are adding weights.
40. 3lbs isn't too bad.
41. Ok I think I got this.
42. Oh no, I'm sliding forward
43. I don't got this.
44. Wait, how long are we using these weights for?
45. The whole song? ???
47. The instructors hair is so sweaty
48. Ugh I want her body
49. How many spin classes till I look like that?
50. I take it back, 3lbs is way too heavy.
52. I can't pedal this fast and use my arms at the same time.
53. Get your shit together Laura!
54. She's off the bike again!
55. Can I get off the bike?
56. Yes finally slowing it down.
57. OMG I love this song.
58. She IS talking about deep shit up there.
60. Ok I'm pumped.
61. Finally feeling my grove...
63. Wait its over?
64. I could go another 20 minutes at least!
65. How am I supposed to get off this bike?
66. I'll just un-velcro these shoes and slip out before anyone notices
67. Surprisingly, I can feel my legs!
68. My crotch though... OUCH.
The one main thing I learned is that more guys need to be taking spin classes. For reals. Get off Tinder and get into a spin class! These places are filled with a TON of hot, sweaty, single, millennials who all have crazy endurance!!!!
(note to self, husband is never allowed to take a spin class without me)