Fit Mom Blog with posts on Fashion, Fitness, Food, and Mom Stuff.
Recipe: Spinach & Mushroom Flat Out Pizza
February 15, 2016
I know I have already done a recipe post about the amazingness that is the Flat Out Pizza (check it out HERE). But I have since perfected the method so I figured I would do another post about it. This time with some healthy veggie toppings!
I'm currently loving it with the addition of Spinach and Mushrooms.
(yes I do have a thing for the Spinach and Mushrooms combo, as seen in my favorite pasta dish HERE)
It's just a great healthy and tasty combo, what can I say!
So without further ado, here is my NEW completely GUILT FREE pizza recipe. It is 21 Day Fix approved and such a great lunch option when you are home on the weekends and have no clue what to eat!
1 Flat Out Wrap (They have a few different types. I usually buy the whole wheat ones with flaxseed)
1/4 cup or 1 21 day fix Blue container of Shredded mozzarella cheese
(bagged kind only, fresh will get too runny)
2-3 Tablespoons of Rao's Marinara Sauce
(we are a Rao's family, its the cleanest, freshest you can get from a jar)
5-8 Mushrooms (I like the Baby Bella ones!)
Handful of Baby Spinach Leaves
Drizzle of Olive Oil
1. Set over to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with tinfoil
2. Once ready, put Flat Out on the pan. Drizzle a little olive oil on it and spread around (I usually just use my finger).
Then flip it over and dab a little more olive oil and spread again.
3. Pop it in the oven and set timer for 2 minutes.
4. After 2 minute timer, remove Flat Out Wrap from oven, flip to the other side and start to make your pizza.
5. Add your tomato sauce. I usually do 2-3 Table Spoons and spread out with the spoon across the pizza.
6. Then top with mushrooms and spinach. Then add your cheese.
(To all you 21 Day Fixers: Please note that I am using a little more than the "blue" container in the image below for cheese. I'm currently breastfeeding so I give myself some extra!)
7. Pop in the oven for another 5-7 minutes. Set your timer for the 5 minute mark and just watch it and see if it needs a minute or two more. Be careful not to let it burn up. Since its thin it has the tendency to burn quickly if you don't watch it!!!
8. Take your pizza out of the oven, let cool for 1 minute and transfer to a plate, cut, and enjoy!!
21 Day Fix Container breakdown:
1 yellow (Flat Out Wrap), 1 green (mushrooms/spinach), 1 blue (cheese), 1/2 purple (tomato sauce), and 1 tsp (olive oil)